Department of Information Technology (IT)
Academic Year 2017/2018 (Fall 2017 Semester)
The mission of the Department of Information Technology is to offer student-centric degree programs that prepare students for highly rewarding careers in the technology sector and empower their contribution to the Kurdistan and regional growth through excellence in teaching, and to meet the development needs of the country and the region through faculty scholarship and community service.
The B.Sc. IT program is specifically designed to provide the IT graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in workplace and in advanced studies.
The following program outcomes describe some of the main competencies and skills that B.Sc. IT graduates will acquire by the time of graduation:
- Demonstrate their success as IT professionals with a good set of technical, problem solving, and leadership accomplishments.
- Contribute to the development and the growth of local and global communities and uphold their ethical, social, and professional responsibilities.
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies (of human computer interaction, information management, programming, networking, and web systems and technologies).
- System analysts and system support/configuration staff in high-tech telecommunication companies.
- Software/hardware developers/designers in multinational software/hardware development companies
- E-business solution developers/designers at Internet companies
- Software/hardware designers for financial institutions.
Course offered :
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (B.Sc. IT)
4 years full-time