Erica Bailey – Lecturer
An articulate native English speaker who is able to effectively communicate with students from diverse backgrounds or varying degrees of ability. A committed and dedicated professional with a proven ability to mentor, motivate and direct students to maximum performance by encouraging a positive and energetic learning environment. My goal is to help the language learner be able to communicate effectively in the real world.
Education and Certificates
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, Chicago, Illinois
December 2016 M.A. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Instruction included five key domains:
- Language, as it relates to teaching the grammatical features of English
- Planning, implementation, and managing instruction
- My personal focus has been to concentrate on the needs of adult language learners, which allows me to recognize strengths and develop methods for overcoming learning barriers.
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, Tallahassee, Florida
April 2006 B.A. English Literature
April 2006 Certificate in Editing & Publishing
- Academic Writing
- English to Speakers of Other Languages
Relevant Work Experience
February 2017 – Present Lecturer at Catholic University in Erbil
Practicum ESL Teacher
May 2016 — August 2016 LAKEVIEW LEARNING CENTER, TRUMAN COLLEGE, Chicago, Illinois
- Created and taught relevant English lessons focusing on building fluency for 5 – 12 ESL adults of multiple language backgrounds.
- The assessed progress of students to ensure the success of language program.
- Developed reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills in students. Collaborated with a classroom teacher to support students and create lessons to meet individual needs.
- Introduced innovative lesson plans and teaching tools that increased student participation.