Department of Biomedical Engineering
Providing students with a solid BME education, advancing the University through applied biomedical scientific research, and keeping pace with current developments in the BME field
Providing students with a solid BME education, advancing the University through applied biomedical scientific research, and keeping pace with current developments in the BME field. In addition to serving the BME profession and the different BME related healthcare facilities through the academic advancement, personal growth, and skill development of BME students, as well as technology transfer to industry and continuous workforce training.
Pioneering and excellence in biomedical engineering education and research, by distinguished program in biomedical engineering in Kurdistan and the region that is recognized for high quality education and research. Thus biomedical engineering students will have hands on experience in the state of the art biomedical labs as well as involvement in faculty research projects. In addition, students will get free of charge tutorials in many subjects and trainings by international companies. Graduates of the program will have a strong background in Biomedical Engineering and will be eligible to enter the workforce with fully accredited Bachelor of Engineering degree.
The graduates of the department of biomedical Engineering will be:
- Visionary engineers and problem solvers, utilizing a breadth of scientific knowledge to address contemporary issues at the interface of engineering, medicine, and biology within a global, societal, and economic context.
- Leaders in biotechnology and medical industries both in the public and private sector capable of serving national and regional industries, hospitals, and government agencies.
- Ethically and socially conscious professional engineers functioning well in multi-disciplinary teams, effective in communicating ideas and technical information.
- Independent learners who can master new knowledge and technologies, as well as, successfully engage in postgraduate studies and scientific research in engineering, medicine and biomedical sciences.
A Biomedical Engineer can perform a variety of jobs such as:
- Research Engineer
- Device Design Engineer
- Medical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineer
- Marketing/Sales Engineer
- Management Engineer
- Educational Engineer
Have a Question?
If you have any questions or need more information on the subject, please contact us.