Department of Computer Sciences
Graduates of computer sciences department have wide range opportunities to win jobs in a variety of sectors due to the computerized work involved in each company or organization.
Stay at the top of computer science departments in Kurdistan and toward world-class distinguished department in high quality teaching and research.
To realize our vision, the CS department work to:
- Emphasize high quality teaching and research, dedication to community services, and partnership with industry.
- Maintain high-quality undergraduate and programs that deliver advanced knowledge in computer science while allowing prompt response to the needs of the local community.
- Deliver high-quality research, both theoretical and applied, and promotes collaboration with the industry in terms of research and training.
- Enhance staff-student relations and mutual understanding in order to create pleasant productive teaching and research environment.
The department aims to establish a story of attachment within the students and an academic atmosphere that would emphasize creative performance, outstanding achievements, and acquisition of advanced knowledge and practical skills in all areas of computer science and information technology.
To achieve our mission, the CS department aims to produce graduates that are:
- Socially-responsible and equipped with the required knowledge, problem-solving, critical thinking, ethics, and team working.
- Successful in different computer science related careers.
- Able to deliver high quality research, both theoretical and applied, to enable the students to work in research related fields or continue their graduate studies.
- Competent and have the necessary communication and leadership skills to function effectively in a professional environment.
- Able to identify and work contemporary issues in computer science fields.
Graduates of computer sciences department have wide range opportunities to win jobs in a variety of sectors due to the computerized work involved in each company or organization, examples are: database administrator, computer technician, games developer, information system manager, IT consultant, multimedia programmer, network engineer, system analyst, system developer, school teacher, IT trainer, data architect, help desk operator, system developer, instructional service librarian.
Have a Question?
If you have any questions or need more information on the subject, please contact us.