Department of English Language
English graduates find opportunities with many different employers. Graduates are employed in diverse fields such as Public and private sector organizations, educational institutions.
To seek foster knowledge and a love of literature and of language in our students, and provide them in all emphasis areas with a coherent curricular framework and relevant, well-structured course choices. The courses teach a variety of literary, analytical, pedagogical, and theoretical skills, in which enable students to speak, read, write effectively, think deeply and to reflect on what they learned. The department encourage a love of learning and helps students see themselves as professionals, as part of discipline with skills and abilities valuable in the business, teaching, publishing, or postgraduate work or study.
The English Language Department at the Catholic University in Erbil helps students build knowledge of the content and methods of literary studies, English education, academic, professional, and creative writing. Also enable students to become the finest readers and writers of literary texts that they can be. Because those texts in their infinite variety take as their subjects, fellow humans, histories, and cultures, the university aims in effect to equip its students both to read the world, and write the future, with exclusiveness, insight precision.
- The objectives of the Department of English are closely related to those of the Catholic University in Erbil as whole, but also reflect the special nature of our discipline/major and our commitment to literature, language, and the arts.
- CUE is committed to the quality of education that the university offers is reflected in our determination to maintain a relatively low student/teacher ratio and to give our students the benefit of direct contact with scholars in the field.
- Also to enable our students to read well, to write well, and to think well, and to provide them with appropriate knowledge in discipline of English language and literature.
- More specifically, we aim to graduate students who have:
- The reading skills to examine literature from multiple eras, cultures, and genres with critical understanding.
- The ability to express themselves clearly and comprehensively, orally and in writing.
English graduates find opportunities with many different employers. Graduates are employed in diverse fields such as Public and private sector organizations, educational institutions, local, regional and federal government, financial and legal firms, local, regional and federal government, financial and legal firms, and voluntary and charitable organizations employ English graduates in a range of roles, including:
- Administration; research; finance; general management.
- Other typical employers include: publishing companies; advertising marketing and public relation relations agencies; media organizations. The retail, leisure and tourism sectors also typically recruit English graduates
Have a Question?
If you have any questions or need more information on the subject, please contact us.