Department of Information Technology
The B.Sc IT program provides undergraduates with the board technical education necessary for productive employment in the public or private sector
The Department of Information Technology (IT) is established to keep pace with the scientific research and practical developments in the field of information technology especially in computer networks, database, human-computer interaction, web-page design and other subfields.
With the multi-disciplinary nature of the work of today’s IT professional, the IT Department promotes research and multi-disciplinary activates, by depending on experienced faculty members coming from various related fields to information technology. The IT department supports its faculty members through development programs for professional training and consultancies, and through recognition of their activities and project involvements inside and outside of the university.
To be leading academic department in the region by paying more attention to scientific innovations and to provide the labor sectors with highly qualified graduates.
Moreover, to provide the Kurdistan Region with research that is concerned with developing the practical sides of life. The mission of the information Technology Department is to offer student-centric degree programs that prepare students for highly rewarding careers in the technology sector and empower their contribution to the Kurdistan and regional growth through excellence in teaching, and to meet the development needs of the country and the region through faculty scholarship and community service.
The B.Sc IT program provides undergraduates with the board technical education necessary for productive employment in the public or private sector, and it will develop them to understand the fundamentals and current issues important for future learning. The IT program is specially designed to provide the IT graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to suceed in workplace in advanced studies. The following program outcomes describe competenies and skills that B.Sc. IT students will acquire by the time of graduatin. B.Sc. IT graduates are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate their success as IT professionals with a good set of technical, problem solving, and leadership accomplishments.
- Participate in life-long learning activities such as training, continuing education, or graduate studies.
- Contribute to the development and the growth of local and global communities and uphold their ethical, social, and professional responsiblities.
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component,or program to meet desired needs.
- Function effectiely on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilties.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognize of the need for and an ability to engage in continiung professional development
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computig practice.
- Use and apply current technical concepts and practiec in the core information technologies ( of human computer interaction, information management, programming, networking, and web systems and technologies).
- Identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and admeninistration of computer-based systems.
- Effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
- Assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
- Systems analysts and system support/configuration staff in high-tech telecommunication companies.
- Software/hardware developers/designers in multinational mobile communication companies such as Nokia and Sony Ericsson.
- E-business solution developers/designers at Internet companies.
- Software/hardware designers for financial institutions.
Have a Question?
If you have any questions or need more information on the subject, please contact us.