Department of Medical Laboratory Diagnosis
Graduates readily enter careers across the whole spectrum of the modern life sciences. Graduates are employed, for example, in companies (pharmaceuticals and healthcare, food safety and manufacture)
The program is to prepare graduates with knowledge, attitudes, skills and practice at an advanced level in essential competencies in laboratory investigations. They will be prepared to provide Services to individuals, community and research centers.
The department will arouse to be a competitive contributor in developing & applying knowledge, skills and up-to date technologies to improve healthcare services.
On completion of this program, students will acquire the knowledge, attitude and skills which enable them to:
- Obtain sampling of all body fluids for diagnostic purposes.
- Perform different laboratory preparations.
- Perform examination, diagnosing and reporting of laboratory investigations.
- Use up to date laboratory techniques.
- Isolation and identification of different microorganisms Medical specimens.
- Perform culture and sensitivity tests and reporting sensitivity results.
- Diagnose and report different infectious.
Graduates readily enter careers across the whole spectrum of the modern life sciences. Graduates are employed, for example, in companies (pharmaceuticals and healthcare, food safety and manufacture), in clinical and environmental laboratories, in countless research institutes and in education. A degree in lab diagnosis is a degree in one of the most important and demanding in health & Medical care.
In addition to providing subject –specific knowledge, we equip all our students with the best possible skills for future careers. The degree will have a strong emphasis on particular based teaching, small group teaching and problem solving. Throughout the degree, students will gain a wide range of transferable skills which are highly valued by employers.
Have a Question?
If you have any questions or need more information on the subject, please contact us.