Catholic University in Erbil – Job Announcement
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager | Job No: CUE-2019-007
Job Category: Local
Announcement date: Feb. 25th, 2019
Duty Station: CUE – Ankawa Campus
Closing date: Open until the position is filled
The Catholic University in Erbil (CUE) is a non-profit institution of higher education and research providing recognized degrees in the arts and sciences. CUE was founded in 2016 in Erbil as one of the active private universities operating in Kurdistan. It offers a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of citizens to lead and make a difference in our region and the world.
According to its values, CUE is committed to apply the highest quality standards in education. The Quality Assurance Manager will lead the process of quality assurance and NUR (National University Ranking) at CUE and ensure the fulfilment of all mandatory and necessary requirement of quality to ensure raising the CUE ranking in 2019.
- Holding MSc or Ph.D. degree from a university recognized by Ministry of Higher Education of Kurdistan.
- Proven working experience of minimum 2 years in universities quality assurance.
- Proven university undergraduate teaching experience of minimum 1 year.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Attention to details ability.
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Vital and proactive.
- High computer software (Word, Excel, Power Point) using ability.
- High computer typing skills both in Arabic and English.
- High working ethic, and maintain confidentiality.
- To oversee the Quality Assurance and NUR processes at the University with the aim of fulfilling CUE quality objectives and enhancing the learning level.
- Set up quality and NUR plans and follow up the implementation at all levels and departments.
- Co-ordinate with all CUE department through their head of department and/or their quality representatives to insure their compliance to the quality requirement and guidance.
- Co-ordinate with the related departments for bringing in external assessors.
- Co-ordinate with the registration department regarding the admission plan.
- Approving the admission plan on the basis of the availability of the necessary infrastructure.
- Co-ordinate with the Ministry of Higher Education and ensure collecting updated information and guidance related to quality and NUR.
- Conduct meetings and orient Quality team staff on the implementation of Quality and NUR processes.
- Collect/analyze data and make observations as necessary to assess the quality in all departments.
- Make suggestions on quality and issue regular and case-based reports to the top management as necessary.
- Attend and represent CUE in all seminars, workshops and meetings related to Quality and NUR.